Returning to the workplace during the COVID-19 pandemic: what employers should be thinking about?
The past five months have been tough, particularly for employers. Navigating the coronavirus crisis and its after-effects will be one of the biggest business challenges of our time. To keep businesses running while minimising the risk to employees, most companies have adopted new plans of working, designed to provide COVID-19 Return to Work Awareness Training.
Many employers have implemented plans to lay off workers while many employees have been working remotely.
The UK Government’s laws and regulations have been gradually changing. Employers are starting to consider returning their staff back to the workplace with a caring and thoughtful plan of action.
How can you start returning to work safely?
Employers need to cautiously develop a well written return-to-work plan and a workplace risk assessment that addresses the risks of COVID-19. This plan needs to be in compliance with federal, state, and local return-to-work orders, workplace safety issues, screening procedures, and other employee health-related concerns.
To maintain safety and stop the spread of Coronavirus, an Online COVID-19 Safety and Awareness Training in the workplace will play an integral role.
The first line of protection in fighting Corona virus and keeping workplaces safe is to educate employees on the symptoms of the virus, how they can protect themselves and their co-workers, and what best measures should be taken if they or any other staff member have been exposed.
This is where our role as a Health and Safety Consultant comes into play in supporting UK employers. Our online training and workplace COVID-19 risk assessment are in compliance with the UK Government’s health and safety requirements and legislation.
In our continuous effort to support businesses, we provide the correct and timely information that helps to protect employees from COVID-19. Our COVID-19 Workplace Risk Assessment and Safety Training will help create the right COVID-19 awareness for employers and employees.
For Employers – The workplace risk assessment is a 5 step process to safer working together
- Must carry out a COVID-19 Risk Assessment and share the results with the people who work in your company.
- Proper workplace sanitation such as cleaning, hand washing and hygiene measures in line with Government / NHS guidance.
- Establish guidelines for the use of personal protective equipment, such as face masks and gloves, screening employees and visitors for fever before entering the workplace.
- Take all reasonable steps to maintain a social distancing of 2m in the workplace.
- Develop strategies to work remotely where possible.
- Reduce unnecessary travel.
- Self-quarantine if displaying symptoms or has a recent travel history.
- Impact of Government policies and understanding guidelines.
When such steps are being considered, it is essential to make sure that protocols are in place to safeguard workers’ personal data.
For Employees – Return to Work COVID-19 Awareness Training Course
The employee’s online training module is designed to facilitate a safe return to the workplace and make staff understand what COVID-19 is and who is at risk. The training helps your employees understand how COVID-19 spreads and its symptoms.
This eLearning Safety Course offers knowledge about what to do if employees are experiencing some of the symptoms and/or know someone who has the symptoms.
The best part about this training is that it helps employees understand how they can prevent COVID-19 from spreading.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Awareness Training Course Overview
- The COVID-19 Return to Work Awareness Training Course aims to raise awareness of COVID-19 to help all staff be aware of the signs and symptoms along with the best measures at work.
- The course includes supporting videos on hand hygiene and proper sanitation, stating COVID-19 origin, what it is and how it affects people in different ways.
- The course is suitable for a wide range of industries, segments and sectors and can be used by all staff working throughout your workforce.
- After completion of this course, you will be awarded your own Health and Safety Certificate.
To get started, please contact:
COVID-19 Training & Assessment Team
Safety Via Technology / Cosafe / Posture Group
Tel: +44 (0) 20 3303 0980